Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

I've Been Chalanged!

My older sister has chalanged me to do the "Sentrumsloepet 2010" (The Downtown run 2010). Both my dad and my sister are energetic Marathon runners, with my dad beeing a profesional one... So I have alot to live up too! Don't have a cow, now... I know... Let me tell you, I am NOT handicaped, I am physicaly chalanged... Many of you have heard of Hallux Valgus, also called Bunnions. This is a structural deformity of the bones, and varries in forms of pain, and to the shape of the foot. It has three "stages", or types of disorder. Mild, determent, and severe, with sevre beeing the worst one. Unfortuonatly I am severe.

As a child, I had it, I was born with it, but I had no pain. I ran around like any normal kid. In junior high school during Phyd Ed one day, I suddenly got sharp shooting pain in my feet. Of course I was sendt off to the school nurse. I was explained how this worked. Most parts of the year I am in very good shape. But, usaly I have pain killers to make it work out. It's hard to walk, and everyday I have slight pain. Some parts of the year my feet just stops working, and I have cruches or even a wheel chair, causted by over exhaustion of the bone stucture.



This just strikes girls/women, and is verry generetic. Which means, if I have three kids, all of them girls, at least ONE will have this. If she is to have mild or severe, only the future can tell.



Lucky, in the modern days as we live, theres is alot of help for people like me. I have this small support bandade, which I just slip on the foot, around the bunion, supporting the sides, and the big toe, and it hardly showes through the sock, and I can't almost feel it.


Of couse many of you guys think I most me nuts to set out to run the Downtown Run in 2010. But, this is for me. I am in line for an opperation, which will make my feet work normaly, and I will never have pain again, exept if I overstrain anything.



I have gone over this with my doctor, and he sais it's NOT smart to do the run, but I won't damage anything for life. I will prob be in alot of pain after it, but if it's something I wan;t to do, he can;t stop me. And hopefully, not long after that I get my operation!


Heres is a photo of my feet. LOL. I don't have nails on my pinky toes, but in this photo I have fake nails! Arn't they nice? And an x-ray photo from wiki, showing the stuctural of two feet with severe Hallux Valgus. This is what my x-rays look like, more or less!



So, wish me luck, or call me a bone head! Training starts next monday, and I know I won't break a world record, but I'll break a record for me!

11 comments:

Ida said...

SV: Sykt irriterende når folk er innom og ikke gidder å kommentere!! Hehe, for sterk ja..blir lett sånn og :P..

Veldig enig, Dangerous garantert beste albumet:)

Trine said...

Huff det høres vondt ut da. Stakkars deg og føttene dine...

SV; Takker. Men jeg har mye å lære. Gud så mange greier det er å sette seg inn i. Har en svigerfar som jobber som fotograf, så han skal nok bli plaget med en del spørsmål etterhvert! hihi.

Trine said...

SV; Huff ja, det er så ekkelt!

Ida said...

Sv: Jaja, som i den tia som var før nå da! sorry... nei, man kødder ikke med TT :P

Trine said...

SV; Enig. Er faktisk mye stress på sommeren. Man har kliksom fri, men samtidig skal man gjøre så mye. Synes alle årstidene er fine da, men høsten ja det er noe eget liksom, og ja, en ny start liksom.. mmm Gleder meg...


Takk søta..

I r l i n said...

sv; tusen takk for din kommentar på mitt innlegg om blogging! :D Setter jeg veldig pris på! :D Ønsker deg en kjempefin fredagskveld! :)

Tone said...

You go girl!! Dette fikser du! Det er så mye kulere å jobbe mot et mål. Man blir så mye mer inspirert.

SV: Marienlyst er så fint! Søsteren min bor i Idestrup, ca 5 km mot Nykøbing, så vi har vært der mye. Storkoser oss og synes det er skikkelig deilig å være norsk i Danmark.
Når var du der? Hvor bodde du?

Ida said...

sv: ja, det kunne vært verdt å sjekke ut ;D interesserer meg egentlig veldig for norsk krigshistorie, takket være min mormor som har fortalt om hennes opplevelser under krigen så lenge jeg kan huske ;)

prunella said...

Lykke til! Haha, du assa.. Bjørg! Haha

Fotballfrua said...

sv: Det høres veldig bra ut! Får håpe det hjelper like bra for min hud også. :)

Fotballfrua said...

sv: Jeg har hørt litt ymse, men alle ting kan jo ikke fungere like bra på alle. :)

Post a Comment